Ok, So the other day i realized ... I Don't really have any hobbies. Jon said shopping isn't a very good hobby, and that i cant count "working" as a hobby. Sometimes I feel that's all I do, so that was my hobby. So I've been doing some Internet searching and have found some projects I want to do. My new hobby will be doing projects! Today I was online and found some really really fun fabric http://www.freespiritfabric.com/core-pages/gallery.php?gal_id=141. So I'm going to drive myself to the fabric store, purchase some fun fabric, drive back home. Plug in my sewing machine ( by my sewing machine, i mean my moms first sewing machine my grandmother gave her about 25 years ago.) I used it about a year ago, when I was home visiting for a few days, i begged my mom to let me haul it out to Utah (because in my mind i was going to sew everything in site, in my spare time) which is funny because i didn't have spare time back then. ANYWAYS back to the point, I am going to sew pillows for our coach. Just you wait! I'll post pictures when i finish the product!! 
This was my inspiration!
Another project I have, or want to do is find interesting antiques to decorate my house! My sweet husband bought me a dresser the other day. Funny story, we had a friend that is moving out to California. We went to her house a few times to help her move and clean. She had a dresser in her spare bedroom that i thought was interesting. I mentioned it to him in passing and VAULAA, he called me the next day and told me he bought it! I'll post a picture later.. when i get the dresser (we don't have a car big enough to get it over to our apartment), But Anyway i want to have a room that is very vintage/antique/ nick knacks.

My inspiration!
I have a few other projects i want to do this summer, but we'll see how the first two go! If anyone has any other DIY projects that are fun and easy, let me know!!
Happy blogging!

5 comments:
Good luck getting all of your projects done! I always have so many projects that I want to do and such good intentions and some I actually start, but I'm not very good at finishing them. Maybe someday!
I love those pillows. I am excited to see the finished product!
I totally agree with you on the hobby thing. I came to that same realization one day...."holy crap, i don't have any hobbies!"... are the exact words that came to mind. So I picked up fishing, started to sew, and have recently dived into the world of coupons. I'm excited to see your projects. Google Joel Dewberry fabric and Amy Butler fabric. My mom just sent me a bunch of Joel Dewberry stuff for a quilt and I think I am going to actually participate in a relief society activity and learn to quilt! Let me know what you think about those fabric designers.
Way to go. The pillows are very cute, I am excited to see them all done. Good luck!! Decorating is so much fun. Sounds like you've got some good ideas.
I love that you are going to have "projects"! I think that is pretty funny. I have so many "projects" I don't have time to totally finish one- maybe I sould send some of mine to you- Just Kidding. Well, best of luck and let me know how those turn out!
Post a Comment