Today started out like a typical Sunday for Jon and I. We slept in, got up, ate breakfast and got ready for church! As we left to go to church we grabbed our scriptures, turned off the lights and locked the door...... as soon as I shut the LOCKED door Jon reached in his pocket and realized he did NOT have his keys, and I didn't grab mine....
Yes it was true, we were locked out of our apartment. We looked at each other and gave a smirk like "is this really happening" Jon did have his cell phone on him. We called our landlord, no answer. Tried again, no answer. We tried to call him about 30 times. Our kind neighbor let us hang out at his house while he was gone. We sat there waiting for the landlord to call, and stared at each other. There was no one to blame, and nothing we could do. I tried to talk Jon into calling a locksmith, but he wanted to wait it out. So we did, for another hour. After 2 hours of staring at each other and calling our landlord, we broke down and called a locksmith. He came out to save us. But wait, his little tool that was "guaranteed" to let us in, would not work! He told us we had a "strong lock, it is very good!" (in an accent of course). The only thing he could do was to drill the lock, and of course destroying the lock. Well we were pretty much stuck. We could not get in touch with our landlord. So after about an hour of the lock smith drilling our lock, replacing the lock and re-keying our new lock. We were in! OH and don't worry, right with the lock smith was packing up his tools............THE LANDLORD CALLED! So we missed church :( but learned to ALWAYS, ALWAYS take your keys, and don't assume the other person has their's!
The first part of our weekend was great! we hung out with some friends Friday night. We to a birthday BBQ on Saturday. I made a cake for the party, and well, it tasted good, but it broke! I did a 2 tier cake and the top tier slid off!! Very sad, but i fixed it the frosting and NO one knew!
Friday Night I did an event for the Vanderbilt Owen School Faculty. We used an awesome line I was soooo in Love with! I love the bright pattern and the bold colors we mixed wit it! Probably my favorite event (design wise) yet! Enjoy the pictures!!!
Sunday, June 15, 2008
LOCKED out!!! :(
The Hors D' Oeuvres Table
Posted by Carole Ann & Jon at 9:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Oh how sad to be locked out! I know the feeling (as I'm sure you remember :)) Sorry I couldn't be there to help!
Oh my goodness! That is what happened to you. I was looking all around for you:( Sorry that happened. But, I loved hanging out this weekend! And, I thought your cake looked great under the glistening birthday candles that were so hard to light!
Being locked out is the pits, thought we have all been there. At least you two were good sports, we would have just sat there deciding how we could blame it on the other person!! I love my husband! The party you did was so pretty. Not too formal just perfect. And I love the pattern on the fabric. Well done, you are defenitely in the right business.
oh dang that is too funny! I bet it wasn't the cheapest sunday you've had too! How are your projects coming, I can't wait to see some pictures of them:)
oh yeah and I am due sept 14-less then three months!!! I hope it flys by:)
Post a Comment