Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend!

I love Holidays! We had a special treat this weekend with Jon's mom, Cecilia came to visit for the long weekend! She got in Friday night and Jon immediately drove her around town and showed her everything significant in town! We later went to dinner and had a great time.

Saturday, I had to work (that's the event industry for you!) but Jon and Mom were tourist around town. They went to the Country Music Hall of Fame, walked around down town, went to music row and saw Jon's office, and then of course Costco! When I got home from work we wanted to go out for dinner. We were trying to think of a place that was native to Nashville, or a place that was very southern... we ended up at...............Cheesecake Factory. Yes we realize that Cheesecake factory does not reflect either of our stipulations, but well, I wanted yummy dessert and we realized that we DONT KNOW of any neat restaurants in Nashville. So if you are a native Nashvillian, please recommend any great restaurants in town for mom's NEXT visit (I promised her we would be more acquainted with the restaurant scene here!) After dinner, which was great (thanks Cecilia) we walked down to the movie theater and went to Indiana Jones. Then of course we topped off the evening with Cheesecake!! YUM.

Sunday we went to ALABAMA! You may be wondering WHY we went to Alabama, well Jon's Grandparents live in Florence, Alabama. We had a great visit! We saw the town of Florence, and drove across the river to Muscle Shoals (which is know of it's recording studios). They were both beautiful towns. Grandma & Grandpa have been in Florence for 50 years! That's fantastic, and they have been in there home for 40. I would love to live in a home for that long!

We were only there for a day, and on the way home I saw a very famous, interesting site only know in the south...... See below!












Piggly Wiggle Grocery Store!


That is Jon & Cecilia waiting in the car and I take pictures of a Grocery store!

My camera has been taking blurry pictures lately, I guess it's time for a new camera!!(my birthday is coming up..wink wink mom)

We had a fun time with Mom and cant wait to see her again in August for Mary's Wedding.

Them Memorial day came, and it was a let down...:( it pored ALL day. We wanted to go to the lake, and be outside all day, but instead we were locked up in our home. We ran a few errands, but that was it. Then we decided to go to the gym and ... it was closed!! So not such a great day, but it was nice to be home with Jon!

4 comments:

Cecilia Bullough said...

I had a fantastic visit. I love Nashville but not more than I love visiting family. THANKS for a great weekend!

Liz said...

Glad you guys had a fun weekend!

Anonymous said...

Yummy! Why don't we have cheesecake factories in Idaho. Sound like you had tonz of yummy fun.

deveney said...

oh course you get a vote! Looks like Nashville is bunches of fun, I would love to see it sometime:) So good to hear from you!