Monday, February 4, 2008

1 month down

Today, Feb. 4th, 2008 marks one month since we arrived in Nashville. However we did take a week off to vist family, so technacially we have only been here 3 weeks, but Here is what we have learned.

1. Job hunting is hard: In my mind, we were going to come to nashville and get the word out that we were here and ready to work and people would be calling us every second! Well, it has not worked that way. Bummmmer!!!! But we have been working hard and making contact with people who we think can help us find and opprunity. I've been online almost everday checking out craigslist, and looking up different ideas. Looking up companies that would possible be hireing right now. But for some reason, people dont just post Event Planners opening and Sound Engenieer opening. HMMMM, this has caused us to have to dig deep and use our thinking caps! But we figure if we keep calling people and showing up at there door steps, someone, will know someone who is looking for some help.

2. Quiet time is early: We are staying with my wonderful Aunt and Uncle. They have been so nice to us, and to help us stay out of the cold. Except there two adorable girls go to bed earlier then Jon and I. We are used to staying up and being noisey. But that has taken a little getting used to. I understand because i'm the oldest of five. But jon is not used to this, but i'm teahing him the ropes!

3.there is not much to do during the day (except look for jobs): That pretty much explains it! i'm trying to stay busy, i've been walking dogs!!

I'm sure i'll think of more, but I'm going to go find dinner!

0 comments: