Thursday, May 12, 2011

Deployment

Jon left on his first deployment yesterday. It was a rough day. Jonathan and I will miss him so much. 
I have know about this day for a while, but really just ignored it and enjoyed the time we had with Jon. We just got back from our little family vacation (10 days). We were up in Baltimore for Jon's Brother Ben's wedding. All the family was in town, so it was really fun. Jonathan got to meet his cousins for the first time. 
(more on that later)


Wednesday, we had to take Jon to work. We woke up really early and got ready. We got to the Ship about 7:30 and dropped him off. They were going to have families on board from 8:30-10:30. Jonathan and I went to go find Jon easy cheese. That was the one thing he couldn't find at Target to bring with him. So we drove around, and found the easy cheese. 

We went on the Ship at 8:30 and spent time with Jon. Jonathan likes to walk the halls of the ship, and step over the door wells. But there were too many people around. So we played in his state room for a while. Jonathan loved the phones. 

(iphone pictures, not that great)



Then it was time to say goodbye. Jon told me it was not "goodbye" it was "see you later" 
It was really hard to leave. I will miss him so much. 

Here are some pictures of the Ship leaving




I hope these next few months go by REALLY fast!

4 comments:

● C E L I N A ● said...

How long is he gone?

I will keep you in my prayers!

♥ theMRS.

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

oh dang! so so hard, i can't even imagine! i am so grateful for brave men like your hubby and strong wives like you:)
it was so fun seeing you!
xoxo

Liz said...

Why am I not surprised that Jonathan loved the phones? :) We are looking forward to seeing you guys again!

Jana and Brett said...

Carole Ann! I know how you feel! Hang in there! :0)
Much love to your little family.