Last weekend Jon and I went back down to Atlanta for a baseball game! We had some friends in our ward that wanted to go to the game as well! So we all meet up at the stadium on Saturday afternoon! The whole way down it looked like it was going to rain. I was getting nervous because what if the game got canceled and we drove all the way down and got a room and everything!! That would really stink! But my trusty weather guy said it would not rain until that evening! We got to the game, the sun was shining! We got into the park, walked around and found our friends! I looked up and saw these dark clouds rolling in, (it was the top of the second inning at this point) I could smell the rain coming....... and then it poured on us!!! They took out the Field blanket to protect the Field, and it was an official rain delay. FOR AND HOUR!!!! The game continued and well, the braves lost.
Then we went to get some pizza with our friends! What better way to make you feel better than pizza! We were staying at the Embassy suites, and it was nice! Jon and I usually just stay and random cheap hotels. But this time we wanted something a little more comfortable, and we heard the breakfast was good! AND YES IT WAS~! Well worth it!
The next day we played tourist and went to exhibits that were in town. Our first stop was the King Tut Exhibit! That was really interesting. The whole time I was walking around, I couldn't believe how old the stuff was. How beautiful it was. How did they make all that stuff so long ago! The Jewelry was my favorite part of the exhibit. It was so beautiful and detailed. The colors were amazing!! Lots of coral and turquoise. Just beautiful! All the gold was really neat to see as well.
Our Second stop was the BODIES exhibit. THAT WAS COOL! I think I learned more about my body just by going through that exhibit than I had learn in any classroom. They had facts on the walls as you walked thought the exhibit, everything was a new learning experience for me! It was so cool to see different parts of the body and how they work. AMAZING.
Then on the way home we went to a yummy BBQ place in Chattanooga called Sticky Fingers! YUM.
It was a good trip, we packed a lot into 2 days!! Atlanta is fun!
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Mini Vacation!
Posted by Carole Ann & Jon at 8:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Very cool! I want to see the bodies exhibit, but I'm not sure if my queasy stomach could handle it!!
Maybe your next mini-vacay should be to Lehi?
How neat! I've never seen the exhibit either and hope to go sometime soon! I went to T.P twice this past week (tulip festival and to check out the farm with molly and my sister in law) and I thought of you...I miss you! Do you know any of the wedding planners there still?
Post a Comment