Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Moved In.. Sort of!

YEAH! We did it! We closed on our home on Friday August 8th. Everything went pretty well. No hiccups during the signing. Jon had a slight heart attack when he found out they wouldn't take a personal check for our down payment. But that's a long boring story, so I'll spare everyone.
We got the keys to our home Friday evening and then went straight to Home Depot to buy paint. We painted our bedroom that evening with the help of an excellent friend MEG! We love Meg, she is a great painter and she is giggly at night time!
Saturday Morning at 7:15 the alarm goes off, and we worked all day long. We got up and went to pick up the rental truck, then I went to the house and met the carpet cleaning guy. Jon went back to the apartment to pack! And lots of packing he did!!! We had some help from our ward, which was fantastic! We got everything loaded up drove to the new house in Hendersonville (about 20 min. away) and we had help from our new ward members, I loved it!!!! Don't worry, we left a few odds and ends at our apartment that we figured we would just go get in our cars (the truck was all full). We stuffed both of our cars to the rim... I didn't think we would make it!
The day ended about 11:30 when all our stuff was in the garage. We set up our bed and crashed. I have never been so tired in my life. Except for the last time we moved and we packed up our POD in the middle of the night (i do not suggest this).

NOW, it's unpacking time!!! Hurray! I'll post pictures later, my camera did not have batteries... So we will have to capture our moving experience from now on.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeay for you! We are all so excited for you. Look forward to seeing more pics of the house! Oah, and yes, Moving is the pits, it gets to tiring and almost annoying. Good luck!!

Rachel said...

You live in Hendersonville? I have some cousins who live there (I think!)...look for Mark and Charlotte Miller...they might be in your ward??

Liz said...

Wow, you just reminded me how much I hate moving! That's great that you're in your house now! How exciting! I can't wait to come and see it!

Meg said...

Hey Chica! I am glad everything got unpacked! My parents are here until next Sunday. You need to let me come and help you paint again sometime next week though. Just let me know!

Memorable Wrappers said...

Amy and I are so excited that you guys have a blog! So you bought your first house, eh? Congratulations! We hope is going well for you guys:) You can check us out at theajduo.blogspot.com We miss you!
--Bloomers