pictures taken March 16, 2012
We signed Jonathan up for Swimming lessons the beginning of March. The first lesson went great! He loved it. I wanted Jon to be in the pool with him so they could "bond" and have that be their special "thing"
We had to miss the second class, but when we went to the 3rd things did not go so well. Jon got in the water with him and he was not happy. He wouldn't let go, he didn't want anything to do with the water, and he started SCREAMING!!
I was watching all this, and just thought it would pass. Jon said the water was cold, so I figured once he got used to it he would calm down... NOPE!
So he ended up getting out of the pool 10 min. into the lesson because he was disturbing the entire class. We sat and watched the rest of the class. Everyone kept coming up to me and telling me he would do better next time, or "my child did that for this lessons too."
Awesome...thanks!
So the next week, Mommy got in the water with him. He was still not totally ok with the whole thing. In fact, at home when we were getting ready to go, we were bribing him like CRAZY! Daddy even said, I'll get you what ever toy you want at the store. But what clicked was bribing with an Icee from Target. So during the class I kept asking him what color Icee he wanted... After about 5 min. He calmed down enough to participate. After each activity he would say "All done, ready to go get Icee now"
So he did it! And he got his Icee!
All week we talked about swimming lessons, and the activities we did in the class
He liked Humpty Dumpty and Motor Boat and we did those all week!
It worked, this weeks lesson went great!!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment